BALLYMOTE AREA: N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project:
The N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project Construction Works recommenced on Monday the 18th May in accordance with the Government phased roadmap regarding Covid 19.
Traffic management for the coming week shall be as follows:
- N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout heading south on the existing N4 towards Dublin - Site Works ongoing for the first 3Km to the junction with the L1302. Hard shoulders are closed to traffic. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone for the duration of these works. Minor delays are expected as a result.
- The L-14019 Local Road junction with the N4 National Primary road, to the Cloonamahan Health Care Centre, has been moved to the north by approximately 50 metres. Diversion signs are in place.
- The L-3606-9 Local Road at Cloonamahan from its junction with the N4 National Primary road to the junction with the L-14019-0 shall be closed to public traffic from Monday, 17th February, 2020 up to and including Friday, 8th May, 2020. An Alternative route is available via the remaining section of the L-3606-9 and the N17 National Primary Road.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55015 at Doorly.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55016 at Knockagroagh.
- The L-5502-0 at Drumfin Td. approximately 310 metres west of its junction with the existing N4 for a distance of approximately 570 metres in a westerly direction towards the Bogline Bridge is closed to traffic. Alternative route for traffic will be via the L-5501-0, in the townlands of Branchfield, Kilcreevin and Newpark; the L1502-32 in the townlands of Newpark, Cloonlurg and Drumfin; and the existing N4 in the townland of Drumfin.
- General site works and bridge construction works ongoing on the L1502 at Cloonlurg.
- The L-5402-0 at Carrownagark Td. approximately 190 metres west of its junction with the existing N4 to the crossroads junction with the L-5403-0 in the townland of Kilmorgan is closed to traffic.
Alternative route for traffic travelling to and from the Dublin direction will be via the L-5403-0-0, in the townlands of Kilmorgan, Cams, Aghalenane and Ardloy; and the existing N4 in the townland of Ardloy at Structure 11.
Alternative route for traffic travelling to and from the Sligo direction will be via the L-5403-0-0, in the townlands of Kilmorgan, Knockmoynagh and Turlaghyraun; and the L1502-32 in the townlands of Turlaghyraun, Newpark, Knockmoynagh, Cloonlurg and Drumfin; and the existing N4 in the townland of Drumfin.
- General site works and bridge construction works ongoing on the L54033 at Kingsbrook. Localised road layout changes will be in place. Please follow the traffic management plan in operation.
- Ongoing general site works on the L5403 at Ardloy.
- 60kph speed limit is in operation on the existing N4 at Ardloy Td. which is approximately 3Km northwest (Sligo Town side) of Castlebaldwin Village.
- The L-5401 at Springfield/Twnagh Td. shall be closed to traffic from its junction with the N4 National Primary road in a northern direction for a distance of approximately one kilometre to the townland of Tawnagh from Friday 29th Alternative route for traffic will be via the N4 National Primary Route and the L-5401-3, in the townland of Carrownagark, Knockadoo and Tawnagh. General site and bridge construction works ongoing at this location.
- Permanent Road Closure of the L54041-0 in the Townland of Sheerevagh from the 4th June 2019. An alternative route is available via the L-5404-0, L-1403-0, L-1404-0 and the existing N4. This road shall be used as a site access for the construction works.
- Ongoing general site works on the L1404 at Drumderry/Castlebaldwin.
- The south bound hard shoulder and south bound carriageway is closed to traffic on the existing N4 for approximately 1km to the south of Castlebaldwin Village. Please note a60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone. Sligo County Council and Roadbridge Ltd. regret any inconvenience caused.
- Blasting works shall commence at Drumderry Td. (Approximately 0.7km to the north of Castlebaldwin Village) on the 02nd June and shall be undertaken between 12 noon & 4pm. There will be no impact to traffic on the N4 as a result.
- Any queries in relation to traffic management for the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Project should be made to Roadbridge using their free phone number (071) 9167299.
Further details in relation to the N4 Project can be viewed at the following website:
Traffic Management - Throughout the course of the project, the public will be informed of any traffic disruptions on our works schedule page.
You can also follow the progress of the project by downloading or reading online our quarterly newsletter.
You can also get an update of the project by following our Gallery which will be updated as work progresses.