N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project:
Roadbridge Ltd. will be surface dressing some of the newly realigned Local roads week commencing Tuesday the 4th May under Stop Go so there will be some minor delays but these will be kept to a minimum where possible.
Works are proposed to commence on Tuesday the 4th all going well with the first 4 road sections as follows:
- L54033 Kingsbrook Structure 10
- L5402 Carrownagark Structure 09
- L55015 Doorly Structure 3
- L5501 Lackagh Structure 4
On Wednesday the 5th May it is proposed to undertake the following:
- L5502 Drumfin Structure 06
- L5401-0 Tawnagh Structure 12
- L1404 East, Castlebaldwin
On Thursday the 6th May it is proposed to undertake the following:
- L7611 and Toberbride Structure 01
Roadbridge Ltd. would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause and will endeavour to keep the disruption to a minimum.
N4 Road Closure / Diversion:
- The N4 from its junction with the N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout to within approximately 75 metres of the N4 junction with the L-1302-0 (Approximately 75 metres northwest of the N4/L-1302-0 junction) is now closed.
- An alternative route has been made available under traffic management via the newly constructed link road through the Toberbride Business Park (which runs east from the N4/N17 Toberbride roundabout) and a newly constructed Eastern Parallel Link road (referred to as the L-3700), which runs parallel to the existing N4 from Collooney Td. to Doorly Td. (Please see attached traffic management layout drawing for further details).
- Local access shall also be maintained to the L-76121-0, L-7611-0, L-7612-0, L-3606-9 and the L-14019-0 from the newly constructed Eastern Parallel Link road.
- The section which is closed passes through the townlands of Collooney, Toberbride, Mullaghnabreena, Ardcurley, Cloonamahan and Doorly.
- This closure is necessary to facilitate Roadbridge continue with the construction of the new N4 National Primary route along this stretch. The period of proposed closure is from Monday 07th September 2020 to Friday 13th August 2021.
In addition to the above, the N4 Collooney to Castlebaldwin Road Project construction works are continuing and shall require the following traffic management for the coming week:
- N4/N17 Toberbride Roundabout heading south on the existing N4 towards Dublin - Site Works ongoing for the first 3km to the junction with the L1302. This section of the N4 is closed to traffic.
- The realigned L-7611-0 at Toberbride/Mullaghnabreena Td. from its junction with the L-7612-0 in the townland of Mullaghnabreena Td. to its new junction with the L-3700 (Eastern Parallel Link road) in the townland of Toberbride is now opened to public traffic.
- The L-7612-0 is now closed to public traffic for widening and reconstruction works. Local access shall be maintained via the newly constructed L-7611-0
- The L-14019 Local Road junction to the Cloonamahan Health Care Centre has been extended to the L-3700 and moved to the north by approximately 50 metres. Diversion signs are in place.
- The L-3606-9 Local Road at Cloonamahan from its junction with the N4 National Primary road to the junction with the L-14019-0 is opened to public traffic. However, traffic cannot access/egress at the old N4/L3606-9 junction. Traffic is diverted to a new permanent junction with the L-3700 approximately 500m to the south which shall bring traffic through an underbridge and onto a new roundabout which is signposted with relevant destinations. Traffic management and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works are ongoing.
- Ongoing General Site Works on the L55015 at Doorly.
- The L-55016 at Knockagroagh is now opened to public traffic. Traffic management, local diversions and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works are ongoing.
- The L-5502-0 at Drumfin Td. approximately 310 metres west of its junction with the existing N4 for a distance of approximately 570 metres in a westerly direction towards the Bogline Bridge is opened to public traffic. Traffic management and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works are ongoing.
- The L-1502 at Cloonlurg Td. is now opened to public traffic. Traffic management and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works are ongoing.
- The L-5402-0 at Carrownagark Td. approximately 190 metres west of its junction with the existing N4 to the crossroads junction with the L-5403-0 in the townland of Kilmorgan is opened to public traffic. However, traffic management and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works will be ongoing.
- General site works and bridge construction works are ongoing on the L-54033 at Kingsbrook. Localised road layout changes will be in place. Please follow the traffic management plan in operation.
- Ongoing general site works on the L-5403 at Ardloy.
- 60kph speed limit is in operation on the existing N4 at Ardloy Td. which is approximately 3km northwest (Sligo Town side) of Castlebaldwin Village.
- A Stop Go shall be in place on the N4 National Primary Road at Ardloy / Springfield Td’s to facilitate construction of accommodation works.
- The L-5401 at Springfield/Tawnagh Td. is now opened to public traffic. Traffic management and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works are ongoing.
- Permanent Road Closure of the L-54041-0 in the Townland of Sheerevagh from the 4th June 2019. An alternative route is available via the L-5404-0, L-1403-0, L-1404-0 and the existing N4. This road shall be used as a site access for the construction works.
- Ongoing general site works on the L-1404 and the L-1403 at Drumderry/Castlebaldwin. The L-1404 is now opened to public traffic. However, traffic management and an advisory speed limit of 35kph shall remain in place as remedial works are ongoing. Local diversion shall remain in place for houseowners in this area. Stop Go shall also be in place intermittently to form the tie ins to the existing local roads.
- Works shall continue south of Castlebaldwin Village in the townland of Cloghoge Upper to facilitate the tie in works. Traffic lane layouts shall be changing as these works progress. Please note a 60kph speed limit is in operation in this work zone. Sligo County Council and Roadbridge Ltd. regret any inconvenience caused.
Any queries in relation to traffic management may be made to Roadbridge using their free phone number (071) 9167299.
Further details in relation to the N4 Project can be viewed at the following website:
Traffic Management - Throughout the course of the project, the public will be informed of any traffic disruptions on our works schedule page.
You can also follow the progress of the project by downloading or reading online our quarterly newsletter.
You can also get an update of the project by following our Gallery which will be updated as work progresses.